Friday we had our home consecrated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. It's also known as "home enthronement."
I highly recommend having it done and the great thing is you don't even have to be Catholic to get your home enthroned. To have it done you would need to call your local Catholic parish and inquire about getting it done. Either a priest will come to your house or lay people who are part of the ministry. For us, it was some lovely ladies who work the ministry under the pastor of our parish. It takes about an hour to get done and it is really a wonderful gift our Lord has given to us. We find in history that He comes to reach out in a powerful way so as to bring back all the lost souls as He did in His message of His Sacred Heart and The Divine Mercy.
The story of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is, in fact, similar to The Divine Mercy. St. Margaret Mary was healed from a crippling disease after a visit from the Virgin Mary. From then on she decided to devote her life to God. Then in 1671 she received a vision of the Scourged Jesus and from then on, entered into the Order of the Visitation in Paray-le-Monial . In 1675 she received a revelation from Jesus asking for devotion to His Sacred Heart. With this devotion comes the following promises and if you get your home enthroned you will receive these wonderful graces.
The Twelve Great Promises of Our Lord Jesus to
St. Margaret Mary for those Devoted to His Sacred Heart
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will establish peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of death.
5. I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in My Heart the source of an infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
9. I will bless the homes in which an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the power of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be effaced.
12. The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday on nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under My displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.
As you can see, pretty powerful stuff. I wish I had known about it sooner.
If one reads on both the Sacred Heart and The Divine Mercy, they will find them eerily similar. Both St. Margaret Mary and St. Faustina confided to their confessors who were key in getting the message out. Both devotions were banned for a period of time but then became hugely popular. Both times in history the message of Jesus' love and mercy had been lost and forgotten about. Jesus' message to both Saints were similar in His plea for souls to recognize His love and mercy for us.
The Sacred Heart and Divine Mercy are complimentary and reinforce Jesus' love for us. His Divine Mercy is the fruit of His Sacred Heart. So it's important to keep to both devotions. Here's a good site with more info on "home enthronement."