Thursday, August 12, 2010

Believe it or Not

From Merriam-Webster dictionary
Main Entry: mir·a·cle;
Pronunciation: \ˈmir-i-kəl\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin miraculum, from Latin, a wonder, marvel, from mirari to wonder at
Date: 12th century
1 : an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs
2 : an extremely outstanding or unusual event, thing, or accomplishment
3 Christian Science : a divinely natural phenomenon experienced humanly as the fulfillment of spiritual law

Welcome to Day to Day Miracle. Welcome to my first post on Day to Day Miracle. I created this blog because I wanted a place to gather information on the supernatural aspect of miracles. We use the word often for trivial things like "oh it's a miracle I made it to work on time..."

It's interesting that it has become pretty common of a word considering it is describing something that is not so common and is usually extraordinary.With that in mind,  I want to document the real miracles. The ones that have been verified through more scientific means and the laws of evidence. I'm Catholic, so I know of many documented miracles that were examined by scientist, doctors and witnesses and then officially approved by the Church so I will gather them up here. However, I also want to gather up stories of miracles from other faiths be it Protestant, Buddhist, Muslim ect. Do feel free to provide links to articles and stories of the unexplained that are divine in nature and send them to me or put them in the comment section. I prefer ones that have been scientifically investigated but I also welcome inspirational stories from time to time.

Today I'll start with one of the biggest and most widely seen phenomena in the 20th century. It took place in Zeitun, Egypt when millions saw the Virgin Mary atop the roof of St. Mary's Coptic church. She appeared there from 1968-1971 at night and glowing doves flew around her. She drew large crowds and was photographed, filmed and broadcast on Egyptian t.v. and millions viewed the apparitions on t.v. and newspapets worldwide.


People from all faiths and non believers witnessed the events. Many miracles of spontaneous healings were also documented. Please visit Our Lady of Zeitun official website for more links, photos and information on this phenomena. Judge for yourself. Believe it or not. Below is a quick documentary narrated by Ricardo Montalban on Our Lady of Zeitun.

No comments: