Saturday, October 1, 2011

This That and the Other Thing: Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

This That and the Other Thing: Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival
Here's what I wrote for the week. Thanks to RAnn for hosting!

Why are Catholics so guilty?

Not too long ago, I was chatting on the phone with a friend. We were talking about faith and our relationship with Christ. She's a non-denominational Christian so it's easy to talk about faith without fear of sounding like a "Jesus freak." I was lamenting about how I keep failing God and I keep screwing up. She interrupted me and asked "Why are Catholics so guilty? I have other Catholic friends and they're always so guilty."
I was a little caught off guard. I thought for a moment trying to figure how to respond but then as we both have kids we were interrupted and the subject changed. I didn't really have an answer at the time. I remember my pastor would joke about how the Jews invented guilt and Catholics perfected it. You hear about Catholic guilt a lot. But is it really Catholic guilt? Or is it just plain ol' guilt and why do Catholics tend have a lot of it? Readmore

No comments: