Thursday, February 9, 2012

Things I've learned as a Catholic: The Church is always right...

Disclaimer: The Church is always right on faith and morals. The faith that has been deposited once and for all is free of errors. This is not to say that anything her members do outside of what she teaches on faith and morals will be free from error. The Church's only authority is on faith and morals and in that she is protected by the Holy Spirit from teaching error. So she will always be right when weighing in on any issue of faith and morals.

I had been meaning to write this post for quite a while because after fully coming into the Church 10 years ago, I've discovered that the Church is always right in matter of faith and morals and even when I ran into snags and disagreements with her, I've found that I have had to eat crow and that mother Church is always right. So I've been ruminating about this for a while but someone else beat me to it.
This timely article is much better at articulating how the Church is always right.
Time to Admit it: The Church Has Always Been Right On Birth Control

No comments: